Windows Cannot be Installed to This Disk
This guide will discuss the solutions or fixes for the mentioned Window installation issue.
How to Fix/Resolve “Windows Cannot be Installed to This Disk. The Selected Disk is of the GPT Partition Style” Issue?
To fix the specified Window installation issue, try the following solutions:
Method 1: Reformatting the Drive for MBR to GPT Conversion
For the purpose of reformatting the drive to convert MBR (Master Boot Record) to GPT (GUID Partition Table), check out the offered instructions:
- Shut down your computer and put in the installation media like USB or a DVD containing the Windows version you want to install.
- Then, start the Bootup process and boot your system from the USB or DVD.
- Windows Setup screen will show up. Press “SHIFT + F10” in the Windows Setup screen to open “Command Prompt”.
- Now, enter the commands given following the particular order:
“diskpart” allows us to manage disks and partitions. Moreover, this utility opens up in a new window terminal:
Type “list disk” in the prompt that showed up to see a list of disks connected to your system:
Select which disk you want to use. “select disk 0” will select the first one, and so on:
“clean” will wipe all data from your disk. So, before that, backup your crucial data:
The “convert gpt” command will convert the empty drive to gpt:
Enter the “exit” command to close the diskpart utility:
Now, complete the windows installation normally.
Method 2: Boot to UEFI Mode
For booting to the UEFI mode, follow the enlisted instructions:
- Reboot your system.
- Press the BIOS Key, which might be “Delete”, “F2”, or any key.
- Carefully read at the bottom of your screen when booting up your computer and press the key mentioned.
- Redirect to the “Boot” tab of the BIOS menu.
- Press “Enter” on the “UEFI/BIOS boot mode” and select “UEFI”.
- Save changes and exit BIOS.
- Lastly, continue the Windows installation as usual.
That was all about fixing the mentioned Windows installation issue.
The mentioned Windows installation issue can be fixed by various methods. These methods include reformatting the drive, converting MBR To GPT, or booting to UEFI Mode. This blog provided the solutions for resolving the specified Windows installation error.