pspp @ Savannah: PSPP 1.6.0 has been released.
I'm very pleased to announce the release of a new version of GNU PSPP. PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It is a free replacement for the proprietary program SPSS.
Changes from 1.4.1 to 1.6.0:
- In the Kruskal-Wallis test, a misleading result could occur if the lower bound specified by the user was in fact higher than the upper bound specified. This has been fixed.
- The DEFINE, MATRIX, MCONVERT, and MATRIX DATA commands are now implemented.
- An error in the displayed signficance of oneway anova contrasts tests has been corrected.
- Added Drag-N-Drop in output view.
- The Explore GUI dialog supports the "Plots" subdialog. Boxplots, Q-Q Plots and Spreadlevel plots are now also available via the GUI.
- The graphical user interface for importing spreadsheets has been improved. The new interface provides the user with a preview of the data to be imported and interactive methods to select the desired ranges.
- The user manual, in its Info and HTML versions, now includes graphical output examples and screenshots.
- New command SHOW SYSTEM to easily print system information useful in bug reports.
- Build changes:
- Perl is no longer required to build.
- Build now requires Python 3.4 or later. (Building PSPP 1.4.0 also required Python, but it wasn't properly documented at the time.)
- The Cairo and Pango libraries are now required.
- gettext 0.20 or later is now required.
- gtksourceview 4.x is now supported (3.x also remains supported).
- Output improvements:
- New drivers for output to TeX source files and to PNG files.
- Table output styles may now be set with the new option --table-look and the new SET TLOOK command.
- New driver option "trim" to remove empty space from PDF, PostScript, SVG, and PNG output files.
- The PDF output driver now adds an outline to allow PDF viewers to display as a "table of contents" for the file.
- The HTML output driver has a new option "bare".
- New features in pspp-output:
- New --table-look and --nth-commands options.
- New get-table-look and convert-table-look commands.
Please send PSPP bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Planet GNU